It is possible to change the default settings with attached software trough a USB MINI, mini B (<2019) or a USB MICRO (>2019) connector located under the white cover.
Please read the attached PDF procedure to open the box without damaging it, and download the software matching your computer.
It also possible with this software to visualize and record data from CV-03 at 1 Hz rate (in My Documents folder) and to reprogram the firmware if needed.
Current firmware version :
(caution : this firmware is not intended for 48V converters)
Firmware update steps :
- The converter must be powered during this operation
- plug the USB cable to the computer
- if needed please download and install the VCP drivers provided by FTDI ( see attached files below )
- move the .hex file on desktop (otherwise it could lead to failure in case of specials characters in the DOS path of another folder)
- download and launch the application and connect the converter. ( see attached files below )
- NOTE for MacOS : the launch might be denied. You have to authorize the application in Preferences Panel > Security > Open the app
- enter the firmware tab, select the .hex file and launch the update
- wait for the update
- in case of success the version should be displayed in the application at next connection.
Windows 64 bits
Releases Notes :
2021-07-19 : V3.08:
- bug corrections on securities stopping the charge
- MPPT algorithm improvement
2021-03-01 : V3.07:
- increase bluetooth connection stability
2020-12-10 : V3.06 :
- better MPPT algorithm for turbulent flows
- increased precision of battery measurements
I have a Mac connecting to a 600W converter v3.07. Everything seems to work fine: data, settings etc.
But when I try to program the 3.08 version I get:
Then the baudrate switches down to 9600 and the raw data shows lots of junk and I have to reconnect.
Same happens with both the 3.08 .hex update as well as the eprom clear .hex.
Please sign in to leave a comment.