In order to immerse or lift up the hydro easily, you can set up a low friction ring (supplied with the hydrogenerator pack) with a lark’s heat knot, or use a small pulley on the profile.
Two reasons are possible
- there is too much strength in the rope
- the rope material is too slippery
- attach the immersing line to the bracket instead of the leg. Use a block or a low-friction ring attached to the leg in order to divide by 2 the effort in the rope. See drawing below
- use a less slippery line (pre-stretched polyester)
- enhance the cam-cleat spring power. Harken proposes optional springs ( ref HARKEN MS-006 )
If previous advices didn't solve the problem, it is possible to lock the generator with a stainless steel pin. To achieve this it may be necessary to drill the aluminium parts of the bracket, depending on the version of the product.