Try to make the following test, before contacting your Watt&Sea dealer :
THIS TEST MUST BE CONDUCTED WITH HYDROGENERATOR OUT OF WATER
- Disconnect the hydrogenerator from its converter
- Shaft should be easy to turn without sticking points (i.e. Torque < 0,3Nm)
- Short 2 phases among the 3. (If an external plug is mounted, man can use a bit of wire to short the contacts )
- Turn the shaft by hand. You should feel sticking points
- Repeat operation for the 2 others phases combinations.
A There is still stickings points even when wires are not short -->1 phase is short, check cable integrity
B Shaft is easy to turn and there is no sticking points --> 1 wire is cut, check cable integrity
C Shaft is difficult to turn and there is no sticking points --> all phases are short, check cable integrity
Article is closed for comments.